MEET DR. GU
Dr. Jiafeng Gu is the orthodontic specialist in Align Beauty Orthodontics in Dublin, OH. He attended Fudan University in Shanghai, China for undergraduate study for medicine. Then he earned his Ph.D. degree in molecular biology from University of Southern California.
He went on to attend Columbia University in New York for his DDS degree where he graduated with honor. He then finished three-year orthodontic residency training in The Ohio State University, during which his research on the treatment effectiveness and efficiency of the Invisalign system was published in the renowned American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics. In the meantime, he applied for a patent on smart adhesive material in orthodontics. After his residency, Dr. Gu passed rigorous board examinations, and became a Board Certified Orthodontist by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). According to ABO, of all the orthodontists, only about 1/3 are board certified.
Dr. Gu served as oral session chair at 2011 IADR general session in San Diego. He has published more than 10 high-impacted scientific articles and presented at multiple conferences. For all those years of practice, Dr. Gu demonstrated his commitment to providing patients with beautiful and confident smiles with state of art techniques. He takes pride in the care he gives every patients teeth. Check out his smile gallery.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Academy of Operative Dentistry Award
- New York Academy of Dentistry Exemplary Professional Conduct Award
- Columbia University Milton G. Schlesinger Research Excellence Award
- Columbia University Divisional Excellence Award in Stomatology
- American Association of Craniofacial Pain Award
- Member of The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Dental Honor Society